Author: Dan Foster
Scared of making phone calls – I promise you, it’s worth it!
Let’s not kid ourselves, we’ve all looked at a name on our client list and thought “Do I call them?” “They don’t need anyone” “She’s rude” and then you realise you’ve just wasted 5 minutes – 5 minutes which could be used to book an interview, close a deal, get a CV send.
In other words, 5 minutes you’ve just wasted when you could have been making money.
The other day, I was having a meeting with my senior colleague and we were talking about call numbers and how he sat there and started picking and choosing who he spoke to and then he realised, “what am I doing?!” “I need to speak to everyone”.
Phone Fear from a Senior Consultant with numerous years’ experience.
I’m here to tell you that it’s ok, we all have those moments. But, minimise them.
Here are 6 reasons why you should pick up the phone and defeat Phone Fear.
1) Build up your relationship with the Company and the Director
2) It’s easier to influence opinions and decisions
3) You get a better understanding of their body language (tone of voice) and potential deal breakers/deal makers are easier to detect
4) Every phone call is a chance to build on that relationship with the candidate – build trust
5) A quick telephone call is often all that is required to resolve problems amicably
6) Need an immediate answer – call
Trust these 6 reasons and not only will you make more money and increase billings. You will also defeat Phone Fear.