Author: Dan Foster
Star Wars: Episode 124… A switch to the PQS/Consultancy side?
A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away…. A period of relentless heat has hit the Country and the National team have actually won a competitive penalty shoot-out!
Though the heat is easing up, the Construction industry continues to excel and the demand for good Quantity Surveyors remains constant.
The Directors of all PQS/Consultancies, obsessed with finding good Quantity Surveyors, have dispatched a new plan to assist with the skill shortage…
I work very closely with Quantity Surveying consultancies across the UK daily and it is very apparent that Directors of PQS practices are becoming more open to the idea of taking on good QS’s with a main contractor or developer background.
So why would a switch to the PQS/Consultancy side benefit you?
– They are more likely to help you achieve MRICS
– You may find a better work/life balance
– You might prefer the pace of work
– Generally, PQS firms offer faster career progression
– Working in the office (more often than not) will allow you to have more of an influence within the business
So use the force, join the PQS side and together we can conquer the Quantity Surveying market.
For more details on making the transition from developer/main contractor over to the Consultancy side, please contact Daniel Foster at Brandon James.