A noteworthy and rapidly developing Construction Consultancy offering Quantity Surveying and Project Management services are seeking a Quantity Surveyor to join their prosperous Birmingham office.
Specialising in high specification residential and commercial builds, this is a unique opportunity for a Quantity Surveyor to work as project QS specialising on luxury new builds with prestigious clients.
At this time the company are looking to appoint 2 project level Quantity Surveyors who are working towards or keen to begin the APC and gain MRICS. You will be fully supported with this, being mentored and guided by the Senior Quantity Surveyor and with direct contact to directors and partners in order to gain a first-hand view of the business and the entire construction process.
The successful Quantity Surveyor will be running projects throughout Birmingham and will be established as part of a flourishing team (Commercial or Residential). You will work on interesting and intricate project briefs all finished to the highest standard and with a personal approach and tailored service, you will find this an extremely pleasant working environment.
- Initial Feasibility and early cost advice
- Sit in on weekly project reviews with Contracts Director as required
- Preparing and analysing costings for tenders;
- Review Value an Agree Variations to Contracts
- Cost Advice on Professional Fees
- Work closely with Contracts Management team
- Submission & Negotiation of Final Accounts
- Validating Subcontractor Applications
- Prepare estimates and bills of quantities
- Attend de-brief meetings at end of Projects
The successful Quantity Surveyor will have:
- RICS accredited degree in Quantity surveying or similar relevant subject
- 2+ years post graduate experience working in a consultancy environment
- Demonstrate initiative and ability to work both autonomously and part of a team
A first-rate opportunity for a quantity surveyor to work with a developing consultancy, specialising in luxury builds, with briefs finished to the highest standard, full APC support and pathways for progression.
- £33,000 to £38,000 basic salary (DOE)
- Private medical care
- Company pension
At Brandon James we currently have a wide range of opportunities for Quantity Surveyors in Birmingham.
If you are a Quantity Surveyor or Assistant Quantity Surveyor considering your career options please contact Cliff Kemp at Brandon James.
What our customers say
Helping you find your next career is what we do, don’t just take our word for it.
I have recently secured a new position with a high profile company. Hadley listened to my requirements and was instrumental in introducing me to his contacts. I found Hadley to be very helpful and extremely professional.
Hadley was excellent in helping me find my dream role in London. His personal and tailor made approach to my needs was really refreshing! On top of all that he is truly a nice guy and I really felt like he wanted me to find a role that was the right fit for me.
I would like to extend my thanks to Damian who through his hard work and honesty allowed myself to gain a new excellent role within a global consultancy.
Great work from Chris, professional, polite and always prompt with feedback. Thoroughly recommend working with him if you require help with the service he provides.
You’re in good company
Some of the great companies we work with.
Have a question or just want to discuss your next move?
We’re here to help. Why not give us a call on: London: 0203 245 2550 Bucks: 01628 367 030